Select the right JD Edwards Reporting and Business Intelligence approach
Data QuickLaunch are accelerators for JD Edwards used behind the application to simplify the data foundation layer of JD Edwards for reporting and analysis.
Data Warehouse for JD Edwards
The Data Warehouse uses Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) software to transform and store JD Edwards data in the optimal “Star-Schema” format so you can standardize your data across various corporate data sources and achieve peak query performance.
The Data Warehouse delivers:
- Data readiness for reporting and analytics just minutes behind transaction data
- Integration and/or consolidation of data across multiple data sources or instances of JD Edwards
- Maximum query performance
- Support for large volumes of data and number of users
- Simplified JD Edwards data model transformed into a business-friendly format
Operational Data Store for JD Edwards
The Operational Data Store is a dedicated data repository for reporting where JD Edwards data is mirrored in its natural schema into a separate database. An ODS allows JD Edwards customers to offload reporting away from the JD Edwards transaction environment in “Near-time” just minutes behind Production.
The Operational Data Store delivers:
- A mirrored JD Edwards dataset dedicated to reporting and analytics
- Data readiness just minutes behind transaction data
- Simplified JD Edwards data model transformed into a business-friendly format with Data QuickViews
Direct Connect with Data QuickViews for JD Edwards
The Data QuickViews are a package of pre-built database views layered over the natural schema of JD Edwards that translate JD Edwards transaction data into an familiar format for reporting and analysis.
Data QuickViews deliver:
- Real-time reporting and analysis when applied directly over JD Edwards transaction data
- Near-time reporting when applied over an Operational Data Store
- Present data in business friendly names with pre-defined relationships to facilitate easier development using front-end reporting tools