OPEN SQL BI Developer/Architect
We are currently seeking a candidate with 5+ years of experience architecting, developing and/or managing the implementation of reporting and business Intelligence solutions using Microsoft BI technologies. JD Edwards domain knowledge is a plus but not required.
Expected job responsibilities include:
- Installing and configuring QuickLaunch elements on customer environments including SQL Database Views, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Packages, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Tabular Models, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, and Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Internal product development for QuickLaunch for Microsoft BI content
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) development using Microsoft SSIS
- Pre-sales support for the Preferred Strategies sales team (Demonstration, Proof of Concepts (POC), sales calls, etc.)
- One-on-one interaction with customers via remote desktop as well as on on-site engagements
- Provide training services is a plus (performed remotely or on-site)
- You will maintain the high quality of services that our customers have come to respect, and, on which we have built our reputation. You will work with some of the best and brightest people in the industry; people who care about our customers and care about helping them achieve the results they seek.
- In-depth knowledge of reporting/business intelligence applications
- In-depth knowledge of the JD Edwards World and/or EnterpriseOne ERP is a plusExperience in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft BI solution including SQL Server 2016 (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS), PowerBI, PowerPivot, SSAS Tabular Models
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL Microsoft SSIS
- Strong technical knowledge in databases and database SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Strong mentoring, coaching, and teaching abilities
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Full or Part time considered
- Employee or Contract position considered
- Relocation to Santa Cruz (not required) can work remotely
- Education - Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Business Administration, or related discipline is preferred
Preferred Strategies is an industry-leading provider of reporting and analytics solutions for JD Edwards World and EnterpriseOne customers. Rather than develop their own Reporting/BI software application, Preferred Strategies has developed JD Edwards accelerators for market leading BI Software packages such as Microsoft, Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, Qlik and others. Preferred Strategies' packaged content, called QuickLaunch allows JD Edwards customers to get up and running with a Production Reporting, Analytics or full-scale Business Intelligence system in a matter of days rather than spend months when having to start from scratch. Preferred Strategies also delivers training and consulting services to help customers further maximize the success of their reporting/business intelligence implementation.